16 June 2008

all together now

joining the chorus of praise for Super Natural Cooking by Heidi Swanson


Denise had the book on her kitchen counter one day while I was visiting and I turned down kombucha so I could be compos mentis as I paged through it. Since that day a few months ago, I've cooked and baked from it a few times each week (last night's Big Curry Noodle Pot pictured here). It's one of THOSE books. Maybe three or four others on your kitchen shelf get spattered and cracked at the spine like this one will. Here are my other favorites: Marcella Hazan's Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking, The Gourmet Magazine Cookbook edited by Ruth Reichl, Deborah Madison's The Savory Way, and City Cuisine by Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger.

Comments:
Will check this one out. I love Marcella Hazan and Deborah Madison, thanks for the tip...but how could you say no to Kombucha?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?